Browse a Genome
The Ensembl project produces genome databases for vertebrates and other eukaryotic species, and makes this information freely available online.
About this archive
This archive is based on Ensembl Release 75 data, and gives continuing access to human assembly GRCh37, as well as all our other release 75 species (data freeze March 2014) for comparative purposes. Human variation and regulation data has since been updated in March 2015.
The API and website will be updated in tandem with the release of the main Ensembl website (currently version 98), and we will also periodically update this site with new human data, which will be announced in this panel.
MySQL dumps of human databases on the most recent schema version are available on our FTP site.
Ensembl GRCh37 Release 98 (September 2019)
- New regulatory build for human, incorporating new data from ENCODE
- Update to probe mappings for human
- Update to the human variation database to dbSNP 151, which includes the gnomAD variants
- Support for multiwig and composite tracks in Track Hubs
More release news on our blog
Other news from our blog
- 10 Oct 2019: Job: Genebuild bioinformatician
- 03 Oct 2019: Cool stuff the Ensembl VEP can do: predict pathogenicity of missense variants
- 26 Sep 2019: Ensembl 98 has been released!