Browse a Genome
The Ensembl project produces genome databases for vertebrates and other eukaryotic species, and makes this information freely available online.
About this archive
This archive is based on Ensembl Release 75 data, and gives continuing access to human assembly GRCh37, as well as all our other release 75 species (data freeze March 2014) for comparative purposes. Human variation and regulation data has since been updated in March 2015.
The API and website will be updated in tandem with the release of the main Ensembl website (currently version 93), and we will also periodically update this site with new human data, which will be announced in this panel.
MySQL dumps of human databases on the most recent schema version are available on our FTP site.
Ensembl GRCh37 Release 93 (July 2018)
- Human dbSNP update – twice as many short variants!
- New regulatory build and GENCODE gene set for mouse
- New species: tiger, leopard and hagfish
- New cat assembly and genebuild
- Changes to the VEP REST API endpoints
More release news on our blog