Browse a Genome
The Ensembl project produces genome databases for vertebrates and other eukaryotic species, and makes this information freely available online.
About this archive
This archive is based on Ensembl Release 75 data, and gives continuing access to human assembly GRCh37, as well as all our other release 75 species (data freeze March 2014) for comparative purposes. Human variation and regulation data has since been updated in March 2015.
The API and website will be updated in tandem with the release of the main Ensembl website (currently version 94), and we will also periodically update this site with new human data, which will be announced in this panel.
MySQL dumps of human databases on the most recent schema version are available on our FTP site.
Ensembl GRCh37 Release 94 (October 2018)
- New fish: 38 new and updated fish genomes
- GENCODE update 29 for human and M19 for mouse
- Additional pathogenicity predictors for missense variants
- New transcription factor binding motifs from SELEX
- Gene trees using HMMs
More release news on our blog
Other news from our blog
- 15 Oct 2018: New Ensembl motif features
- 12 Oct 2018: Our new joint transcript initiative : The Matched Annotation from the NCBI and EBI (MANE) project
- 08 Oct 2018: Ensembl Genomes 41 is out!